Sunday, January 3, 2021

The Chosen, Waters of Mormon

Just finished The Chosen. All eight episodes plus the Christmas special. Really good. I might do a YouTube video review on it.

The Deseret Book catalogue came. One of the products in it was a small card game called The Gold Plates. and I was like, waaa....


But I looked further into it and it has nothing to do with my The Golden Plates game that I pitched to them.

It's just a game where the cards have numbers and when you play them you try to get them to add up to exactly 100 or something like that.

Which just goes to show that games that are super un-complicated have a better shot at being published by Deseret Book than games that are a little more complicated.

So I was like, fine. Whatever. Bring it.

And thus the idea for Waters of Mormon came into my head.

Here are the rules: Set up: Place all 39 tiles on the board randomly into the spots indicated. All players place their 3 pieces in thier starting areas. Game play: Play goes clockwise. On your turn you roll the die and either: (a) move one of your pieces up to that many tiles along the path, or (b) rotate up to that many tiles. First player to get all of their pieces to Alma in the Waters of Mormon wins.

Bam. That's it. Super simple. Took me less than 3 minutes to come up with and write the rules.

Anyway, I'm going to bed now.

2 comments:

  1. Waters of Mormon sounds great! Print the tiles and pitch it to them!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Are you actually going to pitch Waters of Mormon to them?! :D - Hannah

    ReplyDelete