Thursday, June 4, 2020

In which I contribute to society... (the gaming society)

Board Game Geek now has this new thing. They're called Brief Descriptions, and are kind of like a little teaser for the game that make you want to play it.


I have moderated a bunch, but that's not what I'm here to tell you. Instead, I'm here to tell you that I have actually written many of these. And not just on random lower-ranked games either. I have contributed to society and written the brief description to many highly-ranked, well known games.

Below are some examples (all of these I wrote btw):




















The ones I am the most proud of are the ones whose games I absolutely love. As you know, I LOVE the game Viticulture. And I was able to write the brief summary for it! Also, Citadels, Smallworld Underground, and Love Letter (and Lovecraft Letter, which I played with Jacob at Thanksgiving). And the classic worker-placement game Pillars of the Earth! How cool is that?

No telling how long mine will stay up there. A couple notes: I wrote a brief summary for At the Mountains of Madness which was accepted, but right now mine isn't up there because it's been replaced by a way better one in my opinion. Also, I think my Love Letter one might have been slightly changed from having just a dash - to having a cool dash — but I'm not sure. I did fix some errors in a couple of other people's, but I still count it as theirs and not mine, since they came up with the idea first. I only put one of those u examples up here, with Pandemic: Reign of Cthulhu, but that's because I not only changed the word "a" to the word "an" but I also added the part "and stave off insanity" into it. I fixed up Zooloretto's as well.

A list of what I've contributed so far:
  • Everything mentioned above.
  • Saboteur
  • Spot it!
  • Electronic Catch Phrase
  • San Juan (Second Edition)
  • San Juan: The New Buildings & The Events
  • GiftTRAP
  • Tenzi
  • Man Bites Dog
  • MindTrap
  • In A Pickle
  • Who Wants to Be a Millionaire
  • Unearth
  • The Worst-Case Scenario Survival Game
And, some classic games that everyone and their dog has heard of:
  • Bingo
  • Twister
  • Blackjack
  • Roulette

Anyway, I'm proud of my work. It's nice to know that you, as a tiny insignificant little non-famous speck, have contributed at least somewhat to the gaming community, even if it's just a tiny little sentence that at least one other gamer will look at and read.

No comments:

Post a Comment