Sunday, June 28, 2020

Colored ships and settlements, Borromean Rings

Behold my army of colored ships and settlements! (Made by Ryan's 3D printer, painted by me.)







Also, have you ever heard of borromean rings? Maybe not by that name, but it's the three rings that you can't seperate from each other, even though none of them are actually connected to each other. If you remove any one link, the other two will fall a apart. This works no matter what ring you remove. Here's some pictures.



I mention this shape becasue right now it's my favorite 3D shape. I love how none of the rings link in with each other--it's either completely outside another ring or completely inside it. And yet they are impossible to seperate!

Anyway, more news on Newlands next week.

1 comment:

  1. The pieces look absolutely amazing! They turned out perfectly!

    ReplyDelete