Sunday, March 19, 2023

Book of Mormon projects

    "A few weeks ago," the larger one said, "A group of us went and took out Target number three." He nodded over to the skinner man on his left, who continued the train of thought. 
    "Unfortunately, there were more witnesses than we would have liked, and it was brought to the attention of the Chief Judge."
    Heoit sat up straiter in his stone seat. "Unacceptable!" he roared. "This jeopardizes all of our plans! How could you let this happen?"
    The large man looked Heoit straight in the eye while the skinny guy squirmed. "Well, sir, if only you had listened to me, then we would have gone with plan B, instead of trying to take him out in the market."
    Heoit glared at the man, but said nothing.

Okay, so the above is something I wrote up thinking about my Choose your Own Adventure: Book of Mormon book. The problem is, I can't really just sit down and write. Maybe it's this idea that what I write down has to be perfect the first time. And it's not; like, the above sample I'm like, okay, that's not too bad. Has a lot left to be desired. Of course, it was also me just writing off the cuff with no real plan, so that might have something to do with it.

I discussed this with my wife earlier, but I want to do so many things... too many things it seems like. A Book of Mormon book, a Book of Mormon Legacy game, a Book of Mormon video game. I've been looking into writing code and creating your own video game recently. But like, I don't know. Learning curve. Like, some things has a gentle learning curve where you ease yourself into it and others have a steep learning curve where it's a lot at first but once you get the hang of it you can do so much more.


Man, my Spring Break's over. It was all last week for both Henry and me. Which means I have to go back to school tomorrow. And I don't want to because I'm not good at classroom management. Maybe I'll use the break as a hard reset and just crack down the first day. At least that's my plan but let's see if I have the ability to do it. I need to have it if my work is going to be any good-I can't dread coming into work. I can't dread work, or else my entire life will be wasted. You're supposed to love your job or else your life will be miserable. 

We're getting closer to moving. There were two main trains of thought: moving after the birth or before the birth. We're thinking it may be easier to move before the birth. So that gives us... about 33 days?

No comments:

Post a Comment