Sunday, March 26, 2023

Are plans actually coming together?

We have found a place to move to. It is the house of a person that was in our ward, but then moved out of the ward, and sent his landlord our contact info. Then we got in touch with the landlord and he agreed too rent it to us. The house is three houses down from us. We will (obviously) stay in the same ward. 

In other news, apparently my birthday is in one week from today. It seems like every passing year I think about my birthday less and less often. This year especially because of the fact that we're moving and having a baby all within a month of each other. If any of you are wondering what I want for my birthday, the answer is what all 33-year old men want: money to pay for bills and life and such.

Because I'm turning 33, when I hit four months from then I will be 33 and 1/3 old, which is one-third of 100. So if I live to be 100 years old, I will be hitting my thri-life crisis. (Like a mid-life crisis only for a third.)

The baby is due the 21. What if she was born on the 22? Then my birthday would be 2, Henry's would be 12, and baby's would be 22. What are we going to name the baby? Even if we knew we probably wouldn't say. The last two children we had we thought we had a name picked out... until they were born. Then we changed our minds and named them something else. So since Henry and Joy got their names after they were already a few days old, that might happen with this new human too.

Okay, so you know how last week I talked about making a video game and it would be hard to learn how to code? So I did some research on game-maker engines that would be easier for a beginner (like myself). Not only that, but the normally $80 engine was on sale on Steam, so I bought it at a discount. The legal contract with the engine is that you can make a game and then you can sell it and it's within your contract to do so, and can legally do that with no ties. Buying the game-making engine itself gives you the legal rights to do that. Oh, it's called RPG Maker MZ.

So maybe I'll actually be able to make that Book of Mormon video game like I wanted to.

Okay, so remember a while ago I said I supported a Book of Mormon based video game called Servant of Helaman? Looking back at the images and videos now (once again, I can't access the actual game itself) it looks like the creator totally used RPG Maker MV.

Unfortunately, because I can't access it, I'll never know how similar mine will be to it. You know, that is, if I ever make it. But we can always have faith that I will.

No comments:

Post a Comment