Sunday, July 19, 2020

My Little Pony, Newlands playtest thoughts

Henry, Joy, Heather, and I all love watching My Little Pony. We watch it on my parents' Netflix account (don't tell Netflix!). We are currently on season 7.

Picture from the series finale. The only one who really looks different here is Twilight. And, obviously, Spike. 
My family playtested Newlands the other day. Here's a picture of the finished game:



Thoughts:
  • How on earth did dad (yellow) get his ship from the side of the board all the way over to near green? Either he used a ton of Wind tokens or accidently jumped over that red land.
  • Where is Hannah's (orange) fifth settlement? I only see four.
  • I'm guessing each player had about 11 turns?
  • Yeah, those 2-gold tiles are a bit weird color-wise, aren't they?
  • Eric's beard is covering up his ship mat! No!
  • What does mom's ship mat look like?
  • Despite some thinking that being on the edge is "restricting," dad and Eric, the two players on the edge, could play the whole game without anyone sailing in and messing up their plans. Especially Eric (blue), who it looks like he had free reign over his entire section of the map. And it looked like dad was doing really great on that red island over there, I wonder why he left it.

1 comment:

  1. You can tell Netflix as I pay a higher price to allow more people to use it.

    Yes, dad had a bunch of wind tokens.

    Hannah definitely placed 5 settlements, but I don't know where the 5th one went in this picture.

    I have no idea how many turns we each had.

    I have some pictures, but not from the end. If there is anything I think you'd be interested in, I'll send it to you.

    I thought the game was fun!

    ReplyDelete