Sunday, September 29, 2019

Don't let anyone know what you're working on (and why)

My mom and dad and Alex are coming to visit us later in October! I'm excited. General Conference is also coming up in October! I'm excited. October bills are also coming up! I'm not excited.

I read a recent study done in which they determined that if you let other people know your personal goals you'll be less likely to achieve them. Most people think that by telling others they'll be more accountable and therefore more motivated to get it done, but nope. By letting someone know your goal, it creates a premature sense of completeness. Hence why if I tell someone a project it doesn't get completed but if I don't tell someone it does end up getting completed. https://www.inc.com/melissa-chu/announcing-your-goals-makes-you-less-likely-to-ach.html

Played Architects of the West Kingdom on Thursday (Thursday nights a game club meets in Mesa). Super fun. I ended up winning. And yes, I still would have thought it was fun even if I lost.


No comments:

Post a Comment