Sunday, March 26, 2017

Heather sang in General Conference!

Yesterday was the Women's session of the LDS General Conference, and my wife Heather got to sing in it! She's in Women's Chorus this year at BYU and so they, as well as some other female choir BYU groups, got the change to be the Conference singers for that session. Here's some pictures Heather took (before and after the conference, I'd imagine, not during):





So cool, right? My mom got a screenshot of her, but I can't seem to be able to put it on here for some reason...

While she was out I cleaned the apartment, vacuumed, put clothes away, finished washing and putting away all the dishes and silverware in the sink, etc. I played with Henry and read him some stories and watched youtube videos with him (he loves "Try Everything," "Let it Go," "Get Back Up Again" from Trolls, and the "Waka Waka" song by Shikeria, although we don't let him watch that music video. So if you ever visit and he comes up to you and asks for Waka waka (It's Time for Africa) or Et it Oo (Let it Go) or Oh oh oh oh ohh (Try Everything) you'll know what he's talking about.

I had some spare time to play Somerset by myself, and so I played a 5-player game by myself acting as all 5 players, a 4-player game by myself acting as all 4 players, and a 3-player game by myself acting as all 3 players. I was expecting a 5 player game to be way shorter just because one of the end game conditions is running out of country tiles and with 5 players I thought that'd go a lot faster, but it took eight rounds, which is the average number of rounds it takes the game with any number of players. I try to play as many games as possible just to get a feel for it and see if I couldn't work out any bugs. And I did find some bugs which I need to work out. I'm drastically changing some of the cards and making minor tweaks on others, and slightly changing around the prices of a few country tiles. If you currently have a copy of Somerset, I'll let you know the exact changes later.

I heard the new live action Beauty and the Beast was really good. That was a weird target; it just came into my head.

Okay, I was going to add a whole ton of pictures of Henry right here, but for some reason it won't let me. Hold on, let me exit out and come back.

Okay, got it!



These next three pictures are Henry putting some train underwear on mommy. 

Worked out well, didn't it?
His St. Patrick's Day clothes


Henry just ate a sugar cookie.


Henry loves trying on socks; it's one of his favorite things to do now.
Henry also likes cuddling in bed. What a sweetie.

Trying on mommy's shoes.

Hat! (Metal pot actually...)


No comments:

Post a Comment