Tuesday, December 20, 2016

It's the last day of school this year!

I just finished up my last day of school in 2016. Not that we did a lot; we watched some educational you-tube videos. Also, all of my grades are in and locked and so I'm free and good to go. School got out a little bit earlier today. The last hour of school was the students going around to their Winterim classes for 20 minutes each. My first block is my psychology and science class, and so I got to see a few of the people who would be there. I don't have a second block (I'll have lunch duty) so I spent that time cleaning my classroom and getting everything ready.

My third block is Game Design! I had previously made up worksheets for the class members to fill out to give me an idea of how familiar they are with games. Basically it was a long list of games asking them if they've played it or at least heard of it before. Then I explained what the rough schedule would be like for the three weeks of Winterim: first week we'll be playing games to learn their mechanics, including Settlers of Catan, Dominion, Sushi Go!, Scotland Yard, Blockus, and so forth. We'd also be doing little experiments where they'd have to make their own game under certain restrictions (it has to be an abstract cooperative game, for instance). The second and third weeks would be getting into their final group and working on making an original game, and the best three games from the eight groups would get theirs printed off all professional like, from printplaygames.com.

Right now I'm on the bus home from work. Heather and I will be leaving to go to Fallon early Thursday morning! I can't wait! I actually had a dream two nights ago that I was already there, but I thought it was too good to be true so I asked Ryan if I was dreaming and he said, "Yeah, you are." Anyway, I should be grateful that I'll be able to get to Fallon so soon. One of the sisters I home teach said that her school went all the way through Thursday, so my school got out a whole two days earlier. Plus, in all reality if I had a non-teaching job there would be no such thing as Christmas break. I'd have to work those two weeks like normal, only getting Christmas and New Years off, and maybe their Eves as well. So I am very grateful that I have a job where Christmas break is built into it so that I actually can go home for a few weeks. It will end up being about a week and a half in the end.

I am going to put my board of my laptop to work and put words down on this blog for you to look at and know what is on my mind. This is what I am doing right now; I am thinking of things to say and I am typing a lot of thoughts in my mind onto my laptop. Ah, this is so hard. Okay, so I am not actually doing that; I am just trying to put out a paragraph that has no E's in it. Man, that was tough.

It's almost Christmas! To celebrate, I'll do what my mom did and post a few of my favorite Christmas songs onto my blog.

Breath of Heaven. I love this song. There are a few different covers out there, but here's one where it sounds good and the video's good.

O Come, O Come, Emmanuel. Love this song. Love this version.

What child is This. Should that have a question mark after it? The name of the song doesn't.

Carol of the Bells. It is by far my favorite "secular" Christmas song.





1 comment:

  1. I forgot to post a clip of Breath of Heaven. It's one of my favorites, too. The "What Child Is This" video was fabulous! I hadn't seen/heard her version before. Thanks. (and we can't wait for you to come home, too)

    ReplyDelete