Sunday, August 6, 2023

I haven't posted in a while.

Mainly because I'm so tired all the time with the newborn baby. And now work has started up. 

It's funny, you can spend your time doing three different things:

(1) Nothing. You can just sit there and do nothing. Men have a "nothing box" and that's his favorite place to go.

(2) Producing. Making stuff. Working on a book, or a video game, or a YouTube video, or a blog post. Making notes to help you with those things. 

(3) Receiving. Watching YouTube videos. Mindlessly scrolling through Facebook or any other website. Now, there's nothing wrong with this area. Reading a book falls under this. Doing research for producing something falls under this category. 

Sometimes I think that unless I'm constantly in Produce mode I'm not being productive. I don't know, to me being in Produce mode is the most difficult. Like, it's so much easier to just sit down and waste a half hour on random YouTube videos than to spend a half hour trying to create something or make something.

But I don't think that that's a fair dynamic. You can be productive even if you aren't in the Produce mode. You can be in the Receiving mode and still are being productive, as long as the stuff you're receiving increases your knowledge. 

And maybe this dichotomy isn't real at all. For example, where does sleeping fit under? Where does playing a game fit under? No idea. Speaking of playing games, there's a big game playing convention at the end of this month that I'm going to go to.

No comments:

Post a Comment