Sunday, April 22, 2018

We Have Met the Enemy, and He is Us

Well, it's been almost a whole month since I posted last. Here's what's happened:

Spring break came up, which means as a substitute teacher, a week without work. I quickly got another job, and started Wednesday, at a steel manufacturing plant where they make large industrial size posts. I think I've gotten at least one minor injury every day so far there. But that's what I get.

My 28th birthday. Heather took me to the Good Move Cafe and we played games all day with a friend Chris whom we met at a Settlers of Catan tournament there and his roommate Matt. Dude, I swear, like every person I know is named Chris or Matt. Antone else feel like sometimes every important person inn their live happens to have the exact same name?

Joy's baby blessing. We blessed her on the 8th here in Provo. Both sides of the family came up, and my mom blogged more about that here.

Henry turned three. He's really smart for his age.

General Conference happened. I took notes. Now there's no thing called "Home Teaching."

The Church's self-reliance classes were going on. After they were done I sat down and read Dave Ramsey's book "The Total Money Makeover," and Heather and I are tired of living in debt and trying to make ends meet, so we've decided to get out of debt once and for all. We already have $1,000 in savings and so now are going to make a plan to get debt free. That's a book my parents gave us a long time ago (at the same time they also gave us some money, I think) but I've finally read it now. Looking back I'm like, what on earth have I been doing with all that wonderful income? Getting fired really helps you out with change. Now that I'm struggling to make it by, I am more grateful for the income we did have and wish I had, like, used it more properly and made a budget. Anyway, I recommend that book to anyone who will ever have to deal with money.

I'm in my second to last class at Grand Canyon University, and then have student teaching in the Mesa area.

1 comment:

  1. Good luck on your money makeover! Life is SO much better when you have control of your finances. Budgets are a blessing (though sometimes it might not seem like that). 加油 Jiāyóu! ("you can do it" in Chinese)

    ReplyDelete