Sunday, April 3, 2022

Welp, I'm 32.

 On April 2, 2022, I turned 32 years old. Assuming I live to be 96 years old, 32 is a third of 96, so right now I should be having my tri-life crisis. (Kind of like a mid-life crisis, but a third of the way through instead of half.)

I made a motivational video (posted on April Fool's Day):


I am also working on an idea for a new game, again, and it's coming along. Okay, I say new game, but it's not a new game, it's an old game idea I had a long time ago and I'm dusting it off to see if I can actually make it work this time.

I do that sometimes. I have an idea for a game, and work on it for a bit, and then it stalls and I get stuck so I shelve it for a bit and work on other stuff. And when I come back to it later, it looks fresh and I'm able to look at it through fresh and new eyes. Plus by then I'll have had that much more experience. 

I've mentioned this before, but when working on a game there comes a point where you have to playtest it. A bunch. And as of right now, I don't really have that. But that's fine, because I haven't really reached that stage with my prototype anyway. So hahaha.

General Conference was this weekend, too. It's funny, with all the crazy stuff that's been happening in my life right now my birthday was/is one of the last things I've thought about.

So I'll close my post to a link to a couple of Kickstarters I've backed in the last few months, one of which I won't get anything from except for bragging rights that I helped back the most successful Kickstarter ever, and one where I will get something, a game, but in, like, a year. Because that's about how long it takes Kickstarter games to get to you.

No comments:

Post a Comment