Sunday, January 2, 2022

Christmas break in Fallon, 2021

This last previous December (a week ago, I don't know how to say it) Heather, Henry, Joy, and I traveled down to Fallon to visit family. It's the first time in years that all 7 of us have been together in one place in person (Glen, Beth, Andrew, Eric, Ryan, Hannah, Alex).

As expected, we played tons of games. We also did two really cool major things: We played through the campaign of Charterstone, and we did a Taskmaster season.

Charterstone is a great game in its own right. It's a solid worker placement. I didn't win a single game in the campaign, but still had fun.

Taskmaster is a show that I've watched on Youtube. And apparently Hannah and Kaellen have too, because they decided to be the taskmaster and assistant and put all of us through four (or more) tasks. Our last full day there they put on the live show and we got to watch the videos they edited together of us completing the various tasks. It was a blast and I really loved it. (And, yes, I'd say that even if I hadn't have won.)

The tasks: Hide and seek, make the best noise, give other competitors bonus points, don't blink, stand up after exactly 90 seconds; eat exactly 345 calories, collect papers and find out they tell you to scream, do something that looks impressive in reverse, write your own task, figure out who wrote which task, come up with a cool fact and have Kaellen guess what it is simply by mouthing it.

Games I got: Taco Cat Goat Cheese Pizza, Wingspan, Pandemic Iberia, 7 Wonders Duel, Between Two Cities.

Playing The Crew Mission Deep Sea.

Angeles playing Meow Meow Mia with Henry and Joy.

My mom and Dad talking about something,
probably how cool their eldest son is.

Heather and Sarah Rader, socially distanced.

Joy and Hannah enjoying the snow.

Andrew, Henry, Joy, and Heather with their snowman.

Henry and I played Wingspan this morning;
it was Henry's first time playing.

He decided to go for a "use practically every action to get more food" strategy.

It didn't work, and I beat him 18-62.

No comments:

Post a Comment