Sunday, October 1, 2017

My thoughts on October General Conference 2017

Okay, so in my opinion a lot of the talks given this general conference were given on one topic. It seemed to me that the majority of talks were about this one thing, but when I told Heather she didn't think that at all. So maybe it just seemed that way to me? Anyway, the theme I thought the majority of talks had was this: There are a ton of trials in this life, but with reliance on Christ He will support us through these trials. Anyone else get that same theme?

Elder Hales passed away after the Sunday morning session. He was prayed for in the opening prayer of the Priesthood session. I can't remember any other time when an apostle has passed away during a general conference.

Okay, I wish I had taken better notes in conference, because I could have sworn there were two entire talks just on trials and overcoming them, but I can't remember what they were or who gave them, and looking through Middle-aged Mormon Man's blog isn't jogging any memories, either. But I know for a fact that the mentioned the natural disasters and hurricanes a lot. And two talks talked about the eclipse. My conference word should have been eclipse. That would have been so cool.

Okay, boom, Sister President Jean Bingham's talk. Christ will help us through times of trial and difficulty. Was that the only talk? I could have sworn there was at least one more earlier. Maybe that's just the Spirit telling me what I need to hear? Didn't someone say in conference that just because we have fight that doesn't mean our problems will be solved; it just might mean that we are given strength to make it through the trial? Like the people of Alma. Someone talked about the people of Alma and that principle. Anyway, so maybe other people got different things out of conference. That's the main theme that I got out of it.

In other non-conference related news, after Priesthood on Saturday I went out and used a couple of gift cards, one of which being a Barnes and Noble gift card that I got over a year ago, to buy the game Dice Forge. Look forward to playing it.

1 comment:

  1. Nope, not what I got out of it at all. If you ask me, everything was all, "serving others is great!" and "studying the scriptures and all that is great!" tied together with some "it's only through living the gospel with all your heart might mind and strength that you'll have power to beat back the darkness!"

    And yellow. Is the word I should have said.

    ReplyDelete